Embedded Systems / Firmware Engineer
Compensation: Competitive salary with stock options.
- This job will help in the design and verification of our system and reference design, and evaluate the chip performance of our state-of-the-art high-speed SOC products.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 2 years' experience as FAE, firmware, or test engineer.
- Expertise in Embedded-C coding, such as 8051, ARM M0/M3, SPI, UART, I2C, etc.
- Desired: previous experience with basic IC design, PCB prototyping, IC testing, MCU-FPGA programming.
- Implementation of simple control loops, such as PID, FIR, LUT, LPF, DECIMATION, etc.
- Estimate the required CPU performance and memory requirements for the algorithms.
- Can read system datasheets, and debug interactions between different blocks; estimate MCU resources.
- Occasionally (20%) be willing to travel to test lab and customer locations, testing our chips in their labs.
- Desired: High-level system programming: C/C++, python/Perl, LabView, Matlab, Verilog.
- Desired: Lab experience using oscilloscopes, signal/pattern generators, BERT, spectrum analyzer, AWG, BERT.
- Preferred: Experience in optical communication system hardware/FW development.